LIVE: MLS SuperDraft 2018
The first two rounds of the MLS SuperDraft 2018 presented by Adidas take place on Friday, January 19, at the Pennsylvania Convention Center in Philadelphia (11 a.m. ET start).
Rounds 3 and 4 of the MLS SuperDraft 2018 will be conducted via conference call on Sunday, January 21.
All eyes will be on Los Angeles FC at this year’s Major League Soccer SuperDraft.
By virtue of being an expansion club, LAFC holds the first-overall pick in Friday’s draft in Philadelphia.
What else do you need to know about the SuperDraft?
We answer a few of the more pertinent and pressing questions below.
What’s the draft order?
The first round breaks down like this:
• 1-5: Los Angeles FC, LA Galaxy, D.C. United, Montreal Impact, Minnesota United
• 6-10: Orlando City, Montreal Impact, New England Revolution, New England Revolution, Real Salt Lake
• 11-15: FC Dallas, San Jose Earthquakes, Sporting Kansas City, Atlanta United, Chicago Fire
• 16-20: New York Red Bulls, Vancouver Whitecaps FC, Sporting Kansas City, New York City FC, Houston Dynamo
• 21-23: Columbus Crew, Seattle Sounders, Toronto FC
All three Canadian teams have one pick each in the second, third and fourth rounds.
The first two rounds take place Friday in Philadelphia. Rounds 3 and 4 will be conducted over the phone on Jan 21.
According to the league’s website, 220 players will be available for selection.