Eden Hazard Finally announced by Real Madrid

Eden Hazard Finally announced by Real Madrid Real Madrid have agreed on a deal to sign Eden Hazard from Chelsea on a five-year contract, the La Liga club said...

Eden Hazard Finally announced by Real Madrid

Real Madrid have agreed on a deal to sign Eden Hazard from Chelsea on a five-year contract, the La Liga club said in a statement on Friday.

Real did not reveal the fee but Spanish media reports said they have agreed to pay Chelsea 100 million euros for the Belgium international, who was set to become a free agent in June, 2020.

“Real Madrid and Chelsea have agreed on the transfer for the player Eden Hazard,” the Spanish club said. “The player will be tied to the club for the next five seasons, until June 30, 2024.”

 

The statement added that Hazard would be officially presented at the club’s Santiago Bernabeu stadium on June 13, subject to completing a medical.

Hazard is Madrid’s joint-record signing along with Gareth Bale, who joined in 2013 from Tottenham Hotspur, and also Chelsea’s most expensive sale.

Hazard leaves Chelsea having recently guided the club to the Europa League title, scoring twice in a 4-1 win over London rivals Arsenal in last month’s final in Baku.

The 28-year-old joined Chelsea from Lille in 2012 for 32 million pounds ($40.61 million) and won the Europa League in his first season. He later won the Premier League title in 2015 and in 2017 as well as one League Cup and FA Cup.

He scored 16 goals and created another 15 in the Premier League this season as Chelsea finished third in the table.

Hazard is the third major signing Madrid have made in a bid to rebuild their squad after an embarrassing campaign on all fronts — they ended trophyless, sacked two coaches and finished 19 points behind La Liga champions Barcelona.

They have already recruited Brazilian defender Eder Militao from Porto for a fee reported by Spanish media to be 50 million euros and Serbian striker Luka Jovic from Eintracht Frankfurt for a reported 60 million euros.

Brazilian forward Rodrygo is also due to join the club next season after agreeing a reported 45-million-euro move from Santos last year.

Categories
FeaturedTransfersWorld Sports
advertisment

RELATED BY

By continuing to use the site, you agree to the use of cookies. more information

The cookie settings on this website are set to "allow cookies" to give you the best browsing experience possible. If you continue to use this website without changing your cookie settings or you click "Accept" below then you are consenting to this.

Close